Monday, May 18, 2009

DIY Beauty Week!

If you can't tell that I'm engulfed in girliness every second of my life, this might help you close that discussion board. I love, love, lovelove, LOVE face masks - I don't know anything that is more relaxing than putting on a nice mask and soaking in a full-of-bubbles tub for 20 minutes. Sometimes I even kick my little foot out of the bubbles just like in the movies, but it never seems as cool. MOVING ON..... :) If you've ever shopped for face masks, you know they can be expensive and super over-whelming...because, let's face it, there is a mask in existence for every single facial issue, ever. I have run across many face mask recipes in my lifetime and have to admit that I've never tried them - but I'm turning a new leaf and this week, I'll be posting a new recipe every day. If you decide to try any of these, I would absolutely love feedback!

(drumroll, please....)

Our first recipe certainly sounds delicious, so please don't eat it. For today, we have the Chocolate Face Mask. This mask is a great dose of powerful anti-oxidants (from the cocoa) and moisturizer (from the honey and oatmeal). Honey will also deep-clean your skin and open up clogged pores. This should soften your skin and make you glow (and should be okay for sensitive skin)!

Here's the recipe:

1/3 cup of cocoa
1/4 cup of honey
2 Tablespoons heavy cream or sour cream
3 teaspoons plain instant oatmeal

Mix all ingredients together until you have a uniform consistency. Gently massage onto your face, and leave on for about 20 minutes (plenty of time for that bath). Rinse with lukewarm water.


XOXO, Tiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails