Monday, February 23, 2009

My First Blog Post EVER!

For my first favorite thing post, I have to rave about where I am right now, which is Pillow Talk. Pillow Talk is an adorable lingerie boutique in Carmel, IN and is owned by my good friend Rachel Davidson. Not only does she carry unbelievably cute lingerie (mostly bra/undie sets), but she offers an unparalleled level of personal service that I believe makes the shopping experience memorable. Seriously, who enjoys shopping for a bra? Maybe there are a few out there who do, but I have never been one to really get into bra shopping - not really sure why that is. I think undies are way more fun to shop for, and maybe it's because there are so many more fun patterns and cute styles...I don't know. Thanks to Pillow Talk, however, bra shopping has hit a new high for me. Rachel carries Betsey Johnson, Cosabella, Eberjey, On Gossamer, and numerous other delicious lines. Betsey Johnson makes, quite possibly, the cutest bra/undie sets I've ever seen. All of her products have the most adorable little details; tiny bows on the bra straps, pretty lace detailing, ruching, ruffles. I think one of the best parts (and I am NOT in this category, mind you) is that Betsey produces her bras in really hard to find sizes, like 32-D. If a boy is reading this, you most likely didn't understand that. But for a girl, this is huge news! I have heard so many friends who fall into this category complain about the fact that they cannot find cute, pretty bras in their size - now they are able to wear the cutest styles they have always wanted!

I have to add that my first assumption when I initially came to Pillow Talk was that it would be way out of my price range...and how wrong I was. I would say that 80-85% of the products in this store are at a similar or lower price point than Victoria's Secret, but offer better quality. Sounds like a pretty amazing deal to me.

Pillow Talk also sells the super popular Ambre scent line...I can't say enough positive about these scents. Anyone who knows me understands that I am a *slight,* ok...MAJOR perfume/scent fanatic. Obsession might be a word to describe it as well. Anyhow, I don't think I've ever received more compliments on how I smell than when I'm wearing Ambre. An interesting fun fact is that Rachel and I went to high school with the creator of this line, so it's made locally. Ambre comes in 3 blends: the original Ambre, Invoke (which combines the original with floral notes), and Solace (a sensuous combination of the original with vanilla and another secret ingredient). I have to be honest, I LOVE THEM ALL. Seriously, there isn't one single one I wouldn't wear. And the body cream...oh the body cream. Heavenly smell? Check. Hydrating? Yes. Hydrating about 10 hours later? Ummmm, yes. Does your lotion do that? You have to check this line out.

I could go on and on about this place - and I probably will for future posts. But for now, just stop in and see for yourself. :)

Love, hugs, and kisses, Tiff.

Pillow Talk website: http://www.pillowtalkboutique.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails